Thursday, July 22, 2010

A fine web....



....I was up early today. Early enough that I wanted to get a GREAT pic of the fog over the back field and garden. I ran upstairs....Okay, I didn't run, but I went up for the camera and by the time I got outside, the fog was all but gone. However, there was a fine dew on the asparagus ferns, it looked as if there had been a frost overnight! So, I got my camera ready and lo and behold, there was something else in my line of sight! I shot the ferns but take a look at the spiders web, formed in the old daylily stalks!
It won't be long before the sun takes care of all of that dampness. Make sure you enlarge the pics for the detail.

8 comments:

whitey said...

What an amazing shot! Was the spider hanging around any where?

Anonymous said...

stunning piece of nature but I hate spiders!! LOL

Sew Many Raggedies said...

Wow, pretty amazing...but kinda creepy!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty!!

Rock River Stitches said...

Maureen, Really neat shot of your spider web. One of natures wonderful works of art.

Tammy

just me said...

I don't like spiders but their webs are so beautiful! great shot

Nanna said...

I would not want to see the spider that made that LOL
Helen

Barbara said...

s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g...............