Thursday, May 5, 2011

Early Prairie Doll Pattern Is Ready!





First, let me say, the sun is out today...off and on but I'll take it.

Now, on to the dolls. I created these dolls because I wanted a prairie doll that looked like it was well worn and well loved. Not well worn and SKEERY. LOL! These dolls are worn and soft. The sitting doll has been partially stuffed with rags for a nice weight and feel. They are stained of course but not over done. You can make a standing 16" doll or a sitting 15" doll. They have tiny fingers but don't be scared! I didn't stuff these perfect, I wanted them to look "used". You could make these dolls for a childs room. The little bonnets are cute hanging up too. I've given these dolls a full round head.

I think I will also make the dress to hang on a prim hanger, how cute would that be? You could paint little boots on the feet but I opted not to.

The sitting doll has the cutest pinafore!


I gave the sitting sister a lightly penciled face and the standing sister no face.  I also needle felted hair to the sitting sister but none for the standing sister.

  These are all options.
Now, the pattern is now ready.  If you would like to order simply email me.  It is $12.00 + shipping.

Hope your day is a great one!
Maureen - in sunny PA!!!!!


Here's the little dress hanging on a twig and rusty wire hanger with the little doll bonnet.

21 comments:

The Moonlit Stitch said...

These Prairie Sisters are great! I sold little prairie dolls at a show a while back and a lady told me the fact they didn't have a face would confuse the child she was giving it to. My first thought: Not made for children! She told me she would buy it if I drew eyes on it. I did against my better judgement and she said it made it worse. I regret that one. Will keep an eye out for your pattern ~*~Lisa

Tina's Primitive Attic said...

Oh what cute sisters! Love the photo of the bonnets too.

Farmhouse prims said...

OMG Maureen, you have done it again, I esp. love prairie dolls and bonnets. Will you be making these dolls to sell? Lecia123@verizon.net.
I Love everything you make.
Have a great day! Hugs, Lecia

BumbleBeeLane said...

Love the sitting one! Too darn sweet.I'm finishing up your candles and will be mailing next week.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Judy Mathis said...

Love the new pattern, keep them coming, I always have to have your new items.

Susann said...

Oh, I love these dolls. I can't wait for the pattern to be finished!

Susann said...

Oh, I love these dolls! I can't wait for your pattern to be finished. Love your work.

Mary said...

Oh my Maureen, I love your new Prairie Sisters!!I can't wait till you release the pattern, I have to have one! Wonderful job once again!!! :) Have a wonderful sun filled day! Mary

TeresaM said...

I just love them Maureen!!!!!

LoveThePrimLook said...

OMGoodness Maureen...they are wonderful !!!!

Angie

Jean Barker said...

These girls are so cute! You do such nice work!

Suzanne said...

This is definite "must have" pattern. I just love them! I cannot wait until the pattern is out. Gosh you are sooo talented!!!

Anonymous said...

so sweet Maureen...love those lil' bonnets too. the dress will be darling on a hanger!
patti

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Hi Maureen,
I live a little further south of you...Johnstown and the sun was out all day!!!! Wasn't it great???? Hope it hangs around!!! Love your dolls.

Lois

Kathie said...

Hi Maureen! Again what beautiful dolls ... i can't wait for the pattern! It was nice to say "hi" to you when I last placed my order. I agree .... I am glad that the sun is finally trying to free itself from the clouds.

Kathie Maruska

Lee said...

I am all over bartering. I handknit socks...would you be interested in bartering? Love your Prairie Sisters and the bonnets are darling. I have one from my grandmother in green gingham. Blessings, Lee

Lee said...

Would love a bartering opportunity. I handknit socks. Would you be intersted? Love your Prairie Sisters....and the bonnet is so sweet. I have a bonnet from my grandmother in green gingham. Blessings, Lee

*Kountry*Porch*Primitives* said...

I love these!! Can't wait for you to release the pattern! ~Kriss~

Maritza said...

they are beutiful can wait for the pattern

Patti said...

These dolls are so cute! I can't wait to get the pattern. Love the clothes also. I wish I had your talent.
Patti

Maritza said...

tel me if you are going to havee an e pattern for this one... I hope so>>>>>