Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Fabulous Mothers Day!

Each year, for Mother's Day, my son takes me to the garden centers and lets me go hog wild!  Okay, well, I do some of that on my own as well. 
It's a tradition. 
Usually one or both of the grandkids comes along, this year the entire family went.  A horrific downpour didn't dampen the mood (no pun intended!)
We came home loaded with some of the prettiest posies ever, all intended for one garden or another.
That was yesterday.
Today my hubby took me to the flea market.  Sometimes we score big time, sometimes we come home empty handed.  Today was an okay score.
This is what we got:
$1.00 -  Small yellowware bowl
$1.00  -  Old galvanized pail
$4.00  -  Old BIG square galvanized wash tub
$10.00 -  Large Hoosier jar with red lid
$3.00  -  3 Very old pitchforks (don't ask!)
$1.00 -  1 very rusty, very old snow shovel (for a prim snowman)

The afternoon was spent cleaning in the greenhouse, putting my new plants in their new (temporary) home.  They like it, it's all warm and steamy! lol

It wasn't warm and steamy outside today but at least it wasn't raining.  Still got to clean up the weeds and the yard, soon I'll be planting the flowers I purchased after all fear of frost has passed.  Here is how it looked last summer.

But regardless of the weather, I spent time with family.  The grandkids wandered in and out of the greenhouse, at one point my 3 yr. old grandson tried to get his bike inside!!



The only one missing was my new grandbaby, Gabriella.  But we'll see her next weekend (YAY!)
This is what it's all about!!!


We finished off the day with a fine meal and a pretty spring sunset.
Hope your day was a good one!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a perfect day...

Kays Kids said...

What a lovely 2 days you had. Time pottering with the garden is always good, espcially if the grand children were there.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day. Your gardens and grandbabies are beautiful!

Debbie said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mothers Day weekend! Your grandchildren are beautiful!

*hugs*
Debbie K

Maritza said...

thats is so wonderfull youa are lucky you can share like that with you family. Your grandkids are so cute!!! enjoy them

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Pretty flowers, spending time with family and memories to last a life time. Your Grand Babies are adorable!
Thanks for sharing!
Prim Blessings
Robin