Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Where did I go....

I just had the BEST time of rest, relaxation, and enjoying my family.
In the next few days I'm going to share my journey with you. Oh my, we are in the air, where are we going? This is upper New York State from the air, of course!
But...where are we going?? Ahhh, it looks like we are going to land in Philly, the city looks pretty cool from up here.

After some waiting....and waiting, we are airborne again. .....But, where are we going???? Here's a hint, this picture is the very northern tip of the Yucatan Penninsula, this is Isla Holbox. We are now flying over jungle....notice that super straight road thru the jungle. I notice that alot from the air, most, if not all roads are straight.
Finally, after HOURS in the air, we are landing.....but where????
CANCUN, Mexico! Woohoo, here we come!

After clearing customs, and immigration and those FOREVER lines, we are on our way to the ferry dock. Oh, didn't I mention, we do NOT stay in Cancun, ever. We are boating our way out to a small island off the coast of Cancun. Whenever I walk thru this opening at the ferry terminal, I feel like I'm stepping into another world. We patiently wait here, in the sun and the heat...did I mention it was HOT?!?!?! If you look carefully in the far left of the picture, you will see the island in the distance. Our perfect little paradise that we discovered about 21 years ago. We try to escape here at least twice a year.

For the 20 minute ride, we were entertained by this gentleman. It was absolutely pleasant and a perfect start to our vacation.
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy....we are almost there.......

More to come soon.......as I am still unpacking, going thru pics, and trying to get back into the real life......................*sigh*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo jealous..I went to Cancun in 198~~before a zillion other hotels were built...have a great time!!

Anonymous said...

ooops, 1987

Lulu said...

Wow, wish I could go to a place like that....You must have an Awesome time and have a good rest.....and enjoy the Family time....

honeycreekprims said...

OMG - that sounds like a little piece of heaven. Tell us more!

honeycreekprims said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

OH OH...HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!! never had the opportunity to go...but thru your pictures i will get a taste!!! have a great time!!! thinking some summer girls (and maybe boys!!) will be forthcoming with such inspiration!!!

Debbie said...

I loved the pics over upstate NY thats where I am originally from. Can't wait to move back 3 yrs. to go (Till my husband can retire). I have been to Cancum loved it. Hope you had a great time. Debbie